What we do
Like a healthy diet, regular exercise and plenty of rest, you already know some of the things in life that are good for you. But knowing is easy and doing it is hard. It’s human nature to put difficult things off, even when you know they are good for you and simply put, it’s the reason why financial advisers exist. We make sure you put in place the financial arrangements you know are good for you and we help you to stick to them.
Our priority is to get you to take the right action to help you meet your financial goals. We put in place simple plans and we keep you on track.
However, to enable us to help you complete this simple aim we also do other, more complicated things:
- We complete wealth forecasts and explore how your financial plans might play out so that you can decide whether you will have ‘enough’
- We de-mystify complicated financial topics, talk straight and solve financial problems
- We do detailed whole of market research on financial products, asset allocations and investment funds because you would rather spend your time doing something else
- We help you to understand what ‘risk’ means and the impact that it has on you and your financial plans
- We put space between you and your financial assets so that you don’t make hasty or emotional decisions
- We stop you from making costly mistakes that only an amateur would make
- We help you to make the most of your tax allowances
- We provide you with the peace of mind that only comes from knowing that your finances are in the hands of a professional
- We help you to alleviate the stress that is common when people are confronted with big money decisions
To that end, we create financial plans and advise on issues relating to the following broad financial topics.
Saving & Investing:
- Planning for investment growth, income or both
- Asset allocation plans, portfolio construction, risk management & ongoing wealth management
- ISAs, OEICs, Unit Trusts, Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs), Investment Trusts, VCTs & EIS.
- Multi-asset, geographic, sector specific, factor & socially responsible investments
- Passive and actively managed fund strategies
Pensions & Retirement:
- Saving for retirement, at retirement income options, in retirement wealth management and cash flow modelling
- Personal pensions, Self Invested (SIPPs), Annuities and Drawdown plans
- Pension transfers including Occupational Schemes
- Group schemes and Auto Enrolment for employers
- Tax efficient products
- Use of available tax allowances
- Inheritance tax & estate planning
- Life Assurance, Critical Illness & Income Protection policies
- Private Medical Insurance
- Group arrangements for employers
- Residential & Buy To Let
- Equity Release
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage
If there is something specific that you would like to discuss and you do not think it falls under one of the above categories then please give us a call or send an enquiry and we’ll let you know if we can help.